Tuesday, May 31, 2011

30 Day Facebook Challenge-Post #17

(17/30)


Something that has a huge impact on me over the last while.

Something that has had a big impact on my life recently are all the changes I've had to make because of the progression of my polycystic kidney disease. PKD is a progressive hereditary disease that I inherited from my father's genes and sadly is a very strong gene in my family.
Pic shows what healthy kidneys look like and an idea of what mine look like. A person with PKD can live a long, healthy, normal life if they have good habits and no other complications, without ever having any problems from their kidneys at all. Tho many of us can also have other problems and complications as well. For example, I also have type 2 Diabetes and high blood pressure.
I've made many dietary changes and still working on many others while I try to keep myself healthy, in good spirits and HERE longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment