Monday, May 16, 2011

30 Day Facebook Challenge-Post #2

(2/30)
The meaning behind your Facebook status:

...wish I could get this as a portrait tattoo.

This is a picture of my father.  It is my favourite picture of him. I don't know why, I just like the way it feels to me. I have that hat hanging on a nail on the wall in my room.  Hubby has worn it before for his cowboy costume for Halloween but, I don't wear it. I just keep it because it is a reminder of the beautiful spirit and talent that was my father. He made that hat himself. He also made many other leather work items like purses, belts and moccasins. In fact, he also taught me to do some things with leather work as well. I wasn't as passionate about it as he was, but I definitely enjoyed it as something to do WITH him.
He died the year I turned 23 and I still miss him very much. 
Love you dad. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment